Disclaimer:
I don't claim to be an expert cook. Or a fancy cook. In fact, I never used to really enjoy cooking. So this is mostly about low fuss, filling and tasty meals, and really just anything I have a go at and decide to share along the way!! My top priority is avoiding additives and preservatives wherever possible closely followed by using whole/less processed/healthier ingredients. But for those who would like conventional options that are quick tasty and cost effective, I would like to share tips on all of these as well!!

Tuesday 25 September 2012

Yummy creamy Sundried tomato chicken pasta

We are finally settling into life in the US!  I am gradually getting to know where I can find certain foods.  I just found the Asian Market for the first time yesterday, so we finally enjoyed a DELICIOUS homemade green curry and it was wonderful!  I had been looking for chillies, lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves everywhere and couldn't find them!

But here is a post about another yummy recipe!

This is a dish that my sister in law found.  It's delicious and really easy.  Although I increased the quantities and changed the steps to make it even easier and quicker!

The recipe is from the recipecommunity and can be found here: http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/recipes/sundried-tomatochicken-and-linguini-cream-sauce/30603

I have included my steps below.  However I used 650g chicken thighs.  You could use breast, but when you sautée breasts by themselves (instead of steaming as in the recipe), I find they do break down a little sometimes.  I also added frozen green prawns because I was making this for a larger group of people (4 adults, 3 children).  And I like prawns!  I think I cooked around 400g pasta or more.  But we did have leftovers.

I was running short on time so I cooked the pasta on the stove while I got this dish going in the Thermomix.

Grate cubed Parmesan 10 seconds, speed 9 and set aside.

1.  Chop garlic, 3 seconds Speed 8
2. Chop spring onions, basil and sundried tomatoes 3 seconds, Speed 8.
3. Add oil, sautée 2 minutes 100C Speed soft.
4.  Add  650g cubed chicken.  Cook 5 minutes, Reverse + Speed 1 at 100C.
5.  Add 200g (add more if desired) frozen green prawns.  Cook 3 minutes, Reverse + speed 1 at 100C. It might need more or less time, make sure they are close to cooked, you will be cooking a little more in next step too.
6.  Add water, white wine (if using), cream and stock, cook 7 minutes, Reverse + Speed 1 at 90C.  It's still yummy without the wine!

Serve in your beautiful oval 2.5l Thermoserver (if you're lucky enough to have one ;) over linguine pasta.



Have you heard the special promotion if you or anyone you know is interested in becoming a consultant in Australia?  For October you can start your own business with your Thermomix, or even try to earn your Thermomix for free  (or discounted if you don't have one yet), by signing up for 60 days and selling 3 to qualify for a FREE 2.2l round Thermoserver and FREE 2.5l oval Thermoserver!  That's on top of your commission and any monthly incentive!  This is the first time there has ever been an extra incentive for signing up, so let me know if you would like any more information!  I am naturally not a salesperson at all, I never even worked in retail, but I love the Thermomix so much I find it easy to show others and share my passion!!  This is a limited time offer, so best to get the info as soon as you can so you can make a decision!  It doesn't matter where you live, just let me know if you would like to look into it.  Email mixingituptm31@hotmail.com.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment