Disclaimer:
I don't claim to be an expert cook. Or a fancy cook. In fact, I never used to really enjoy cooking. So this is mostly about low fuss, filling and tasty meals, and really just anything I have a go at and decide to share along the way!! My top priority is avoiding additives and preservatives wherever possible closely followed by using whole/less processed/healthier ingredients. But for those who would like conventional options that are quick tasty and cost effective, I would like to share tips on all of these as well!!

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Extreme Brownies


Ok.  I admit.  This is not the real healthy me coming out.  But in the interests of still using the best of ingredients, I have done these using Rapadura, Cacao and Spelt flour (this makes them quite expensive to make!).  But you can use normal sugar/brown sugar, normal cocoa, and normal plain flour if you like.  But there is still dark chocolate and a decent serving of butter, so yeah, not really ticking any healthy boxes around here.  I am just trying to cover all bases for people searching for recipes ;)  Recipe found here.

So if you need to "bring a plate" or give a little thank you gift, you absolutely cannot go past these!!!  They are absolutely divine, and bring the words "these can NOT be good for me" with every bite that you take.  But you will take more.  I guarantee it.

It's a no fail recipe.  I don't do step 3 (chopping the chocolate in the bowl), too many "setting asides" for my liking!  So while you do step 4, which is melting the butter for 2-3 minutes, I just break the chocolate into squares.  Then continue on your merry way.  Quickest, easiest, yummiest brownies ever.  I don't know whether it's just my oven (ever so unreliable), but these have the best crisp top and dense moist filling.  Yum!

Yes, I had cut it while it was still warm so it broke apart (best time to eat).
Yes, I only put 4 little odd pieces on the plate.
Yes, the rest may have been eaten.
But do only make these to give away.  Or maybe as a once a year VERY special treat.  Because you can't stop at one piece....  But you will get compliments from your recipients!

No comments:

Post a Comment