Disclaimer:
I don't claim to be an expert cook. Or a fancy cook. In fact, I never used to really enjoy cooking. So this is mostly about low fuss, filling and tasty meals, and really just anything I have a go at and decide to share along the way!! My top priority is avoiding additives and preservatives wherever possible closely followed by using whole/less processed/healthier ingredients. But for those who would like conventional options that are quick tasty and cost effective, I would like to share tips on all of these as well!!

Saturday 3 March 2012

Brunch with friends...

Well, I must say I struggle with "brunch"!  I wasn't really sure what to serve up for some lovely friends coming to visit, so I decided to try something new and followed the croissants recipe from the 2012 Food Lovers Calendar.  They look lovely and so I thought I would give them a go.  In the name of continually experimenting of course!

I did serve them up with some savoury options also, but put on some lemon butter to finish.  Well, the croissants were polished off and the lemon butter was eaten from the spoon... by the guests.  I take that as a win.

Making the croissants, this is WRONG way to do it!!!  That's why I shouldn't experiment with guests... but luckily the end result was still tasty and I realised my mistake and tried to compensate!!!! (and I'm not a neat cook)...

The lemon butter is so easy and only takes 8 minutes, so I actually made it while we were eating.

I find the lemon butter versatile and have even put it into mini biscuit bases as a sweet treat.

I also made a fresh jug of pineapple and orange juice which was delicious, and ended with a fresh fruit sorbet (as by that time we had talked so much it was well after lunch!!).

And, of course, I forgot to take a photo of the croissants before they were all eaten, so I had one remaining piece that I had set aside as it was more cooked than the others (my oven drives me batty!!), so I took a pic of me about to polish it off!!


So neither of these options are really the healthiest in terms of fat and sugar.  But freshly made out of the kitchen, what a pleasure to serve them to guests!!

No comments:

Post a Comment